By Jon Festinger on June 4, 2014
1. Lawyers win big in Electronic Arts college sports settlement
2. Honda Jet Removed from ‘FlightGear’ After Trademark Complaint
3. Creator Of Flappy Bird Clone Claims His Duplication Is Covered By Trademark
4. Uplay’s Poor Performance Affecting ‘Watch Dogs’ and Other Games on Multiple Platforms
5. This Woman Was Threatened With Rape After Calling Out Sexist Video Games—and Then Something Inspiring Happened
6. Riot Bans Two Pro ‘League of Legends’ Players
7. Gamers Bullying Jewish Students Online
8. Fired Community Manager Says He Was A Victim Of ‘Outrage Culture’
9. When geopolitics meets the game industry. A study of Arabic video games and what they teach us
10. Why did Fox and Murphy sign ‘non-disclosure agreements’ with 38 Studios?
11. Protestors Tell RI Lawmakers: Don’t Bail Out 38 Studios
12. EA Shutters Warhammer Online Developer Mythic
13. U.K. Rag Tries To Link Teen Suicides With Call of Duty
+ Everyone Agrees They Don’t Know Why Teenager Committed Suicide, So Helpful Coroner Shouts Video Games
14. Glen Beck Criticizes ‘Watch Dogs’
15. Newzoo Report Predicts Global Gaming Revenue of Over $100 Billion by 2017
16. Take-Two CEO skeptical of Oculus’ broad appeal
17. The Next Eminem/Activision Deal: How Big Data Can Reinforce Gut Instincts
18. eSports viewing nearly doubled in 2013 as games-watching fanbase grew
19. Technology And Video Games Make Kids Think Differently About Old Questions
20. How to Dig Up a Landfill: The history, hurdles and local politics behind the search for E.T.
21. Arcadia, a Love Story
22. Why has the Canadian government given up on protecting our privacy?
23. Critics decry new Privacy Commissioner’s appointment
24. Snowden: NSA Revealed Only One Email, Shows NSA Lied Before
25. The Top 5 Claims That Defenders of the NSA Have to Stop Making to Remain Credible
26. The NSA Intercepts Millions of Images per Day for Facial Recognition
27. Anonymous No More: Sabu Walks
28. Google Starts Taking Removal Requests for EU ‘Right to Be Forgotten’ Law
+ Google Got 12,000 Requests To Be ‘Forgotten’ In The Service’s First Day
+ Google inundated with “right to be forgotten” requests
29. A “right to be forgotten” in Canada?
30. U.S. patent troll bill unsuccessful – what is the situation in Canada?
31. (U.S.) Supreme Court: To Be Valid, Patent Claims Must Provide Reasonable Certainty Regarding the Claim Scope
32. FCC comment site breaks after comedian asks trolls to fight “fast lanes”
33. Is Some Tech Too Addictive?
34. Is Nvidia Playing Fair With Their New Development Tools?
36. Don’t Fear the Network: The Internet Is Changing the Way We Communicate for the Better
37. The real 10 algorithms that dominate our world
38. He Said, He Said: the Comcast-Netflix Edition
39. Netflix Loves Big Data, But Won’t Use It To Make TV Shows
40. In a Reversal, Kickstarter Largely Ditches Rules and Human Moderation Requirements
41. Silicon Valley vs. Hollywood: Clash of the Corporate Cultures
42. Data Vs. Creativity: The Content Marketer’s False Choice
Read More | No Comments
This is an Open Badges UBC pilot project.