By Jon Festinger on July 10, 2013
1. Sega claiming $941,000 from THQ over Company of Heroes 2 preorders
2. Is Hacking Videogame Characters Legal?
3. Research: Violent Games Do Not Adversely Affect Prosocial Behavior
4. Microsoft patent filing attempts to lock down games with multiple engines running concurrently
5. Microsoft: Xbox One advertising will integrate with Kinect
6. Mattrick prepped Zynga buyout while at Microsoft – report
7. An EVE Revenant Supercarrier downed on combat is the most expensive ship destroyed to date
8. A Conversation with Paola Antonelli about MoMA’s Video Game Collection
9. Apple guilty of ebook price fixing, rules federal court
10. Secret Court’s Redefinition of ‘Relevant’ Empowered Vast NSA Data-Gathering
+ The Laws You Can’t See
+ Supreme Court asked to halt NSA phone surveillance
+ Is Switzerland turning into a cloud-haven in the wake of Prism scandal?
11. Author Resale rights in Canadian Copyright Law
12. Bitcoin tax time?
13. Did Florida Accidentally Ban All Computers and Smartphones?
And in the “too cute” category:
14. The Console Wars Become A Triumphant West Side Story-Style Musical
Read More | No Comments
This is an Open Badges UBC pilot project.